To Make Accent Marks in Windows XP (click here)
How to Make Accent Marks in Windows '98
The easiest way is to add the Spanish keyboard to your desk top.
1. Go to the desktop and click on the START button.
2. Move the cursor to SETTINGS and click on CONTROL PANEL.
3. Next double click on the KEY BOARD icon.
4. At the top of the Keyboards Properties dialog box click on the LANGUAGE tab.
5. In the middle of the Language box click on the ADD button.
6. In the Add Language box click on the DOWN ARROW. Scroll down to Spanish (Modern Sort)
7. Highlight SPANISH (MODERN SORT) and click OK.
8. When you return to the Language tab click on APPLY in the bottom right corner.
9. Then click on OK.
How to Use the Spanish Keyboard Windows 98
At the very bottom
of your screen on the right side you should see a blue box.
The box should say EN, meaning English.
If you hit the left hand ALT and SHIFT key at the same time the box will change to ES,
While in the Spanish mode you can make the following marks:
Accent Mark-----Hit the [ key first (right next to P) , release, then the next letter you hit will be accented.
ñ-----Hit the semi-colon key ;
¿---Hit the equals key =
?---Hit Shift and dash - at the same time.
¡ ---Hit Shift and equals key = at the same time.
ü---Hit Shift and [ key at the same time. Release then hit U
Another Way to Make Spanish Marks
Hold down the ALT key while you hit the following four numbers. Release ALT and the marks will appear.